terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009

Why acting?

"We do not know who we are. But we know that we can act. We know that there is a greater or lesser quality to our performances... We are the people we act, but we have to act them well, and with a deepening sense of whether our performances are "truthful" or not."

ALICE: Why didn't you tell me before?
DAN: Cowardice.
ALICE: Is it because she's successful?
DAN: No, it's because she doesn't need me.
ALICE: Did you bring her here?
DAN: Yes.
ALICE: Didn't she get married?
DAN: She stopped seeing me.
ALICE: Was that when we went to the country to celebrate our third anniversary?
ALICE: Did you phone her, beg her to come back? when you went for lovely walks?
DAN: Yes.
ALICE: You're a piece of shit.
DAN: Deception is brutal. I'm not pretending otherwise.
ALICE: How? How does it work? How do you do this to someone?
Dan tries to think of an excuse.
ALICE: Not good enough.
DAN: I fell in love with her, Alice.
ALICE: Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give in to this, or I can resist it." And I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one. I'm gone.

(...)

ALICE: Can I still see you?
ALICE: Dan, can I still see you? Answer me.
DAN: I can't see you. If I see you, I'll never leave you.
ALICE: What will you do if I find someone else?
DAN: Be jealous.
ALICE: You still fancy me?
DAN: Of course.
ALICE: You're lying. I've been you. Will you hold me?He holds Alice, who's now crying.
ALICE: I amuse you but I bore you.
DAN: No. No.
ALICE: You did love me?
DAN: I'll always love you. I hate hurting you.
ALICE: Why are you?
DAN: Because I'm selfish. And I think I'll be happier with her.
ALICE: You won't. You'll miss me. No one will ever love you as much as I do. Why isn't love enough? I'm the one who leaves. I'm supposed to leave you. I'm the one who leaves.


From "Closer" by Patrick Marber

8 rascunhos alheios:

Marie. disse...

A primeira parte não é nda estranha.
E tudo isto me fez ver que há pessoas que têm as nossas vozes.

Ana Carolina disse...

Closer é muito bom!

Débra disse...

gostei muito, Tani :)
Falta o teu sorriso no camões :b

diana disse...

Eu adoro, adoro, adoro esse filme. Os diálogos são mágicos.

x Inês ( ? ) disse...

Um filme que me fascina . Gosto especialmente da música que o acompanha , "The blower's daughter" .

M. disse...

Deception is brutal. I'm not pretending otherwise.


É dos meus filmes preferidos, pela brutalidade com que se vê o coração. O amor. Mas ia gostar mais de ler a peça, parece-me.


E Londres é mais bonito contigo, tenho a certeza.

Nêss. disse...

Acho qe nunca vi, mas adorei!

DS disse...

Adorei o excerto, mesmo! :)

 

Letras e Tons | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates